Annie’s American Pancakes
If you’re looking for a simple recipe for delicious, light, fluffy American-style pancakes this Shrove Tuesday: congratulations, you’ve found it! What’s more, it’s completely vegan…
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup (190ml) coconut milk (I used canned)
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, or any neutral oil, plus extra
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in all the coconut milk, water and oil and stir, just until mixed – it should be a little lumpy, but with no big streaks of flour.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat, until hot. Make sure then pan is well heated, as this helps the pancakes to colour nicely.
- Brush the pan with a little coconut oil, then ladle in about 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake. Cook until the edges are set, and bubbles appear on the surface (about 1 minute) then flip and cook until the other side is nicely browned (another minute or so).
- Serve with whatever you like – maple syrup, almond butter, berries, anything!
This recipe is originally from The Sugar Hit.