This BBC Good Food recipe thinks it will go well with your Christmas dinner…Why not give it a try and decide for yourselves! I suspect the January King will be a suitable kale substitute if you wish to use up what’s in your veg box instead. If you wish to turn it into a main course you could add cooked puy lentils prior to tossing with vinegar at the end.
Prep 20 min
Cook 60 min
Serves 6-8 as a side
- 50g butter (or vegan alternative)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunky chips or wedges
- 4 large carrots, cut into chunky chips or wedges
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 150g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat the butter and half the oil in a large roasting tin
in the oven until foaming. Toss in the celeriac and carrots. Season. Roast for 40-50 mins, stirring occasionally until the veg is golden and soft.
2. Add the rest of the oil, the nuts and kale, and bake for 15 mins until the kale has wilted and is crisp at the edges. Toss with the vinegar.