This appealing little treat came courtesy of our supplier Suma (image taken from their website). As a vegetarian and vegan specialist wholesaler for over 40 years (!) they have always endeavoured to make delicious plant based food accessible and sustainable.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
Bake 35 mins + overnight rest
For the crust:
- 105g plain flour
- 45g Suma organic desiccated coconut (NU041)
- 22g Suma organic icing sugar (LJ255)
- 82g Suma culinary coconut oil – solid (GT358)
For the cheesecake mixture:
- 215g Suma organic whole cashews (pre-soak for several hours or overnight if possible
- 215g firm silken tofu
- 88ml Suma coconut blossom syrup
- 70ml coconut milk (from a can) or other non-dairy milk
- 65g coconut yoghurt or other non-dairy yoghurt
- 2tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pulp from 2 large or 3 small passion fruits
- Toasted coconut chips
- Non-dairy cream
- Pre heat the oven to 180C (350F) and grease a loose bottomed tart tin (approx. 22cm x 4cm).
- Combine all the base ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it forms a pastry dough. Roll out and line your tin, or form the mixture into a pie crust using your hands.
- Bake for 7-10 mins, or until light golden in colour.
- Place all the cheesecake ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the pre-baked crust and bake for a further 20-25 mins, do not allow the pastry to burn.
- Turn off the heat, open oven door and allow to cool slowly in the oven for about an hour. Then cool on a cooling rack until room temperature, before chilling overnight.
- Decorate with the pulp from the passionfruit, and other decorations of your choice.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.